Every now and again you stumble across a very special campsite you know you will come back to again and again, for us Sandy acres is one of those places. Staying here made us feel very grateful we have Vinnie in our lives and get the opportunity to wake up in such magical and varied locations.
What’s not to love? It’s nestled amongst the sand dunes and a short stroll to a spectacular, 3 mile stretch of dog friendly, golden sand, surf beach. This small, laid back campsite really has it all. Climbing up the sand dunes, beer in hand to watch the jaw dropping sunset is one of life’s great pleasures!
- Sand dunes
- Dog friendly Beach all year round
- Coast path walks
- Spacious well laid out pitches
- No decent pub in walking distance, as far as we know (though we couldn’t drag ourselves away from the beach make it to Hayle, which is 2 miles away)
- It’s all about Gwithian beach, 5 min walk from campsite is 3 miles of dog friendly, sandy beach, backed by dunes. Warning though, it’s a steep climb up the dunes to get back. But if you follow coast path a bit towards Godvery, you will find access via steps.
- We thought we’d seen most of what South West coast path has to offer over the years, but were totally blown away by this stretch between the campsite & Gwithian. The path walks right through the middle of Gwithian Towans (sand dunes) the path winds between dunes, giving you glimpses of the beach along the way.
- Lovely circular walk if you walk through dunes to Gwithian then back along the beach
- Kids playground along footpath in front of Sandy Acres bistro & park
- No Fires
- BBQ’s off ground yes- bricks provided
FOOD & DRINK
- Sandy acres beach cafe, is a cabin in adjacent car park serving coffee’s, breakfast and burgers. Open 10-5pm, with late openings and film screening in the high season.
- It feels like you are in the middle of nowhere, but actually only 0.5 miles away a huge Lidl, M&S, next & Costa in case you need supplies.
- Reception & 4g
- Hot showers & toilets in a pretty basic cabin, but suprisingly good!
- Cold washing up, in covered area
- Marked pre-assigned pitches, but big and pretty much all great
- Yoga classes in the Yurt
- Surf school
- surf board & wetsuit hire
OUR TOP TIPS
- we like pitches 16,17 & 18, right next to the path to the beach, with views of sand dunes, sunsets and glimpses of the sea through the dunes.
Map of Sandy Acres Campsite map