This campsite is not what we would ordinarily go for, ordered, manicured, lots of statics and pre-allocated pitches. BUT the location is incredible, you pretty much step onto the moor where ponies and sheep roam freely. It’s perfect for breaking the journey to South Cornwall for the night, but equally merits a longer stay to properly explore the wonders of Dartmoor. Everyone gets a very friendly welcome from the delightful staff, who pride themselves on the impeccably clean wash and bathroom facilities, which include the luxury of underfloor heating. Lots of really thoughtful touches like washing lines, places to tie your dog outside the bathrooms, stools for kids to brush their teeth; make kids and dogs feel very welcome. Plus it has an onsite pub!
- Step out onto the moor
- Onsite bar/restaurant
- Top class facilities
- Pre-assigned, marked pitches, some felt quite close together (but if it’s not too busy they are more than happy for you to change)
- Lots of motorhomes & statics
- We personally didn’t find the food to be great in the restaurant, but it was a very welcoming and cosy atmosphere for a drink.
- Walk out the campsite and straight onto Dartmoor, easy walk up to Pew tor (20-25mins) for panoramic views.
- Pretty historic nearby market town of Tavistock has lots of independent shops, banks and the famous indoor Pannier market, hospital etc.
- Fires – no
- BBQ’s – yes
FOOD & DRINK
- Onsite bar open from 5-9pm, kid and dog friendly
- 4g & phone reception
- Recycling & food composting
- Dog shower
- Hot washing up with a view
- Washing lines
- Hot showers
- Underfloor Heating
- Baby changing
- Hairdryers (additional charge)
- Family bathroom
- Portable loo liquid disposal & grey -water waste
- Table tennis
- Electric hook up
- Phone, laptop, tablet charger lockers (£1)
- Ice block freezing
OUR TOP TIPS
- We like pitches 15, 39, 30 standard or 10 Electric, because they are spacious, close to facilities, high up so nice view, with a glimpse of sunset.