***Please note this review was based on our last visit in 2019 (Pre-covid) ***
Treveague Farm is in a prime location on this gorgeous stretch of the Roseland Heritage Coast. It boasts incredible coastal views from the camping fields and is a short walk to 3 very different and wonderful beaches, which are all dog friendly.
We’ve only ever come to Treveague farm out of season so have largely had the place to ourselves, you may find a very different site mid summer when its busy. It’s a great stop off to break the journey from South Cornwall to Devon, but really deserves a few days at least to explore the beaches and coast path.
- Best campsite showers ever
- Walk to 3 dog friendly beaches from site
- Drying room (such a luxury after a wet windy walk!)
- It can get seriously windy
- Marked pitches but you can pre-book and they are huge
- Hemmick Beach is dog friendly and a 15 minute walk from the campsite, it has no facilities. Lovely for sunset walks.
- Vault beach is dog friendly and a 25 minute walk, also has no facilities. This stretch of golden sand has a secret beach feel to it. The far end is a nudest beach.
- The beautiful fishing village of Gorran Haven is a 15 minute walk from the campsite, the Beach is dog friendly and has a lovely cafe. There’s pay toilets in the village.
- For a longer, scenic walk keep on walking along the coast path from Gorran Haven to Mevagissey (around 3.5 miles each way) Mevagissey has a good selection of pubs and tea rooms to stop for lunch at.
- Gorran has a cute book exchange in a Phone box.
FIRES – Yes but you have to hire fire pit
BBQs – Yes off ground
FOOD & DRINK
- Mermaid cafe on Gorran Haven beach, has crab sandwiches, paninis, pasties, cakes, ice creams and is licensed. The lovely owner let us take a mug of tea to the beach which was a treat on a cold day!
- Fish and chip shop, The Haven is in the centre of Gorran Haven.
- There’s no pub in Gorran Haven, but Cakebreads has an outdoor bar & beer garden run by the shop next door.
- There’s a Café and Bar at the campsite that looks lovely but never been open when we have visited
- Reception & 4g
- Accessible showers and toilets
- Baby changing area with cot
- Fridge & freezers for blocks
- Hot washing up
- Hot showers, need token
- Drying room
- Accessible Laundry room
- Accessible, seasonal shop & Cafe that’s always been closed when we’ve been, so don’t rely on it in low season.
- Wildlife hide
OUR TOP TIPS
- Pitch 18, electric, corner pitch with sea views